10 August 2024

Damn Lazy Bureaucrats

It likely comes as no surprise that I live in the True Blue Northeast. On the other hand, the Shithole County that I actually live in is dripping blood Red. It's tons of fun. It happens that Wifey has a nearly lifelong friend who is a whisky heir in Canada. There are lots of them, going back to at least Prohibition. Had it not been for that rank stupidity, Canada might still be a frozen shithole country.

We've been granted adoption should wannaBePresident Huey Long 2024 succeed. Well, I dug out my passport, and Yikes!! Expired Aug. 2019!! Well, that gives five years to renew, which is nearly gone. So I trundled off to the Post Office, expired passport, picture, paper, and check in hand the end of July. The clerk asked if I was traveling soon, and I said no. Couldn't risk saying the real reason, of course. I asked how long it takes, and he said four to six weeks for the new one, and the old one returned a week or two after. I said, fine. As long as it's before November. Which it would be. Off it all went.

Well, boy howdy! New passport the beginning of the week and old one yesterday!! How could that be? It appears that State does triage, on renewals at least. While I got the application in some weeks from the deadline, the new passport has an issue date the beginning of August. I surmise that the new issue date has to align with expiration date + 5 years, not that the date of application has to align and the issue date is whatever the processing makes it to be. So, rather than send the pile back and forcing me to get a brand spanking new passport, they did the smart thing and process renewals (at least) in time to fit the date window.

These damn bureaucrats are such lazy idiots!! Right?

No comments: