07 December 2020

Parallax View - part the thirty fifth

Another week's up, so here are today's numbers:
  >= 1,000 -   909
100 to 999 - 1,788
(New) grand total of counties reads at 3,132. While I've not gotten into an argument with the Topo folks over this re-definition of 'affected' counties, it certainly looks like a move to bolster wannaBePresident Huey Long 2024's perpetual lying.

Now that it's been reported that you'll get a tracking card for your vaccinations, I expect the Red state knuckledraggers will subvert the system. It would be useful to have stickers like wearing one of those 'I Voted' stickers, except with 'I be vaccinated'. Of course, there'd spring up a robust black market in counterfeit stickers just so the anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers and general idiots can stop with the masks and distancing and such. Wouldn't surprise me that, once the actual cards go into circulation, counterfeits will appear; just so the Covidiots can have one to show when they get accosted. Never underestimate the perfidy of rednecks. 'I ain't gettin no shot, but I won't wear no mask neither, so I'll get me a fake card to show'.

Numerous reports that other countries are instituting 'I be vaccinated' identification as well. Just let's see if there's any enforcement.

The biggest issue with this week's map: the bottom two groups now amount to just 25 counties, or that the top two groups amount to 2,697! There are now, at least, seven bridges across the longitude from Galveston to Manitoba crossing only 100+ counties. Yikes! Paul Bunyan hop along with no trouble.

I suppose it's bad form to cheer, but Rudy getting nabbed is both poetic justice and no surprise. Whether he ends up bunking with Herman in the Afterlife is the remaining question.

No comments: